Our support team answers the following questions nearly every day. You can also submit a support request or ask for a new feature!
1. I forgot my password – How do I get it back?
On the Login page, there is a "Forgot your password?" beneath the password entry box. Click there and enter your email. We will then assist you in retrieving your password.
2. I want to change my email. How do I do that?
Changing your email is easy. Login then click on "Account". You’ll see there is a box for you to reset your email. Type in your new email and click "Save changes". Your new email can be in use for your account.
3. What are the system requirements for using PDFBEAR?
You don’t have to stress about the system requirements; we have provided you with an online platform. It doesn’t matter what computer or internet browser you use, whether you are on a Mac, Windows, Chrome browser, Safari browser... With PDFBEAR, you can always experience the best PDF Converter, as well as other PDF organizing tools, such as Merge PDF, Split PDF, Compress PDF from us.
4. Are my files safe with your service?
The security of your file(s) is always our first priority, we guarantee your files are safe with us. To keep the files safe, we will make sure your files are encrypted by 256-BIT SSL security. For Pro members, you can access your original files in “My Account” under the “File Management”. We will by default keep your files, and you will be required to manually delete them in order for them to be removed permanently from our servers.
5. Why do the conversions take so long?
Normally, the conversion will be completed in less than a minute. If the conversion is taking longer than expected, it is probably because of the file size. File size matters, the larger the file, the longer it takes. However, if it is taking an abnormally long time, please check whether the browser is responding or not. A browser may stop responding during conversion due to internet connection issue. In this case, please restart the conversion.
6. Conversion fails to complete, what should I do?
If the conversion fails to complete, please try to restart the conversion progress. If this does not work, you are left with the option of re-uploading your file and converting it again. We ask that you to be patient and wait for the conversion to complete if your file size is big. If it is still unable to complete, please try using another browser and make sure no extensions are being used while opening the website. If the above methods cannot solve the problem, please do not hesitate to contact us and write us a report for it, we will try our best to assist you.
7. Unable to download the file and getting error "File not found"?
In this case, your file has expired. For anonymous users, the download link is valid for an hour only. We do offer other options:
- Register for a PDFBEAR account for free and you will be able to extend the time limit from 1 hour to 30 days. Click log in if you already have an account.
- Join our membership to enjoy the most premium service offered by us. Your converted file will never be deleted and you can download it at any time! Click the button below to know more information of the membership plans.
8. Why should I upgrade to Premium on PDFBEAR?
We are putting a whole lot of love into developing our website in order to provide the best PDF tools to our users. Your support is extremely important to us. Apart from that, after joining our membership, all exclusive premium features will be accessible such as:
- All PDF tools will be unlocked
- Unlimited upload file size
- Maximum file size of 2GB to be uploaded
- File storage forever
- More upcoming premium features: Check Pricing
9. How do I upload my file?
You can simply drag and drop files to the area surrounding the "Select Files" button.
Click the arrow on the right-hand side of "Select Files" button
- "Upload from Device"
- "Upload from Google Drive"
- "Upload from DropBox"
After you have selected the files, click "Submit" to upload the file.
10. Where is my file saved to?
When you arrive at the download page, click the arrow on the right-hand side of the download button and you will find 3 options to save your files:
- "Save to Device"
- "Save to Google Drive"
- "Save to DropBox"
Select the appropriate destination to save your files to.
11. Why did I lose my font while converting Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents to PDF?
We do try our best to preserve the original formatting. If the fonts you use are not recognized by the default settings on Windows or Mac systems, your fonts may get lost and nothing will appear. A quick fix would be to format your whole document to a standardized font such as Times New Roman.
12. What is OCR? and how many languages can it support?
Optical Character Recognition, or OCR, is one of our unique features that allows you to convert different types of documents into text. For instance, a scanned PDF files or images taken with your phone are converted into editable and searchable data. We now currently support 17 different languages: